Diploma of Automotive Technology – AUR50212 (CRICOS 086358C)
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to diagnose, analyse, evaluate, design and modify automotive electrical and mechanical systems Brisbane. It is suitable for those working in the automotive service and repair industry at the forefront of the implementation of new technologies. Due to the level of ability required, the qualification assumes prior knowledge or experience in automotive mechanics.
Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include: Advanced diagnostic technician, automotive system designer.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed to show that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by the course Brisbane. Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods Brisbane. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will operate.
What will I study?
Study areas include the following:
- Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in braking systems
- Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in engine management systems
- Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in transmission and driveline systems
- Analyse and evaluate light vehicle braking system faults
- Analyse and evaluate light vehicle steering and suspension system faults
- Analyse and evaluate light vehicle engine and fuel system faults
- Analyse and evaluate light vehicle driveline system faults
- Estimate and calculate costs to repair, maintain or modify a vehicle
Can I apply?
To commence this qualification, you’re required to have completed AUR40212 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis or AUR40812 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
English (IELTS Score 5.5 or above) and be at least 18 years of age at time of enrolment.
What qualifications will I receive?
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded Diploma of Automotive Technology. As part of the Australian Qualifications Framework this program is nationally recognised. To receive this qualification (AUR50212) you must successfully completed 1 core and 11 elective units.
What opportunities for further studies will I have?
Further training pathways from this qualification may lead to a relevant Advanced Diploma or Tertiary qualification.
Delivery method and course duration:
This course can be studied 15 hours face to face and 5 hours online/distance per week.
Offered over 2 days per week to enable you more flexibility.
Course duration is 32 weeks, full-time study (includes 30 teaching weeks & 2 weeks Holiday depending on the date you commence your study) . This course has 2 study periods of 15 weeks. As this training is competency based, completion dates can vary from student to student however cannot exceed the nominal duration.