Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR30616 | CRICOS 091631D)
Take the next step in your automotive career with Cert III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology. Gain specialist knowledge and skills needed to work across a range of Light Vehicle areas.
Studying an automotive mechanic course and working as an automotive mechanic provides an exciting and varied career path and employment opportunities that are usually available all over the country in both regional and city area.
Benefits of training to be a mechanic:
- Light vehicle mechanic course offers great job prospects
- Auto mechanics are always in demand
- Good work life balance
- Light vehicle mechanic apprenticeship role is dynamic and ever changing
- Every day is a new experience
- Average base salary of approximately $90,000 per annum
If you wish to kick-start your career in the Automotive industry then this course is the best starting point to establish yourself as an Automotive Mechanic.
Light Vehicle Mechanic course qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive retail, service and repair industry. Automotive mechanics are qualified to maintain, test and repair petrol and diesel engines and the mechanical parts of motor vehicles. This may include identifying faults and ensuring the smooth function of transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes.
- 90 weeks
- 2 days per week: 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Every 10 weeks (January – April – July and October)
- Contact OCT staff for further information
- Cooling systems
- Clutch assemblies and associated operating systems
- Braking systems
- Tyre’s and wheels
- Suspension systems
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Engine management systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Diagnostic procedures
- Driveline systems
- Engines, sub-assemblies and associated components
- IELTS 5.5 with no band below 5.0 Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent in the student’s home country.
- Students who have not completed Year 12 (or equivalent) must have relevant work experience or a qualification that indicates a likely success of course completion.
- Alternatively, students are required to take a English pre-test prior to enrolment
- There are no pre-requisites for the Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
Skills and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you study at the Oceania College of Technology, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback and through recognition of prior learning.
You can choose to package this course with the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (AUR40216 | CRICOS 091675C) and the Diploma of Automotive Management (AUR50116 | CRICOS 097414J)
|Time||Day 1||Day 2|
|8:30 – 12:00||Lecture and tutorial||Lecture and tutorial|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch||Lunch|
|13:00 – 17:00||Practical workshop||Practical workshop|
These course videos are an overview about our teaching mechanisms and study patterns across our colleges. This is how we make our students prepared for job-ready skills.
Video title goes here
Why choose this course ?
This qualification will equip you with the abilities needed to become a qualified light vehicle mechanic.
In keeping with the Australian Government’ Job Outlook service, demand for qualified mechanics grew powerfully over the past 5 years with employers finding it arduous to fill vacancies. Job gaps are expected to stay steady within the close to future with around 23,000 job openings expected over the following five years.
What will you learn?
This course can provide you with the underpinning skills and information to service and repair the mechanical elements of a car like the engine, transmission and suspension systems. You will learn to discover faults, carry out diagnostic procedures and repair and service a range of automotive systems including cooling systems, fuel systems, air conditioning and emission control systems, clutch assemblies, manual and automatic transmissions, braking systems, final drive assemblies and steering systems.
With campuses in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney, Oceania college of Technology provides a supportive , dynamic and outcome focused learning environment to help and assist you to achieve your career aspirations.
- 8Years of provinig quality education and training
- 3000+Students successfully trained
- 4Enrollments intake every Year
- 3Campuses across Australia
- 96%Learner course satisfaction and quality of training
- 94%of learners find employment during their program of study
why Oct edu ?
Oceania sets the benchmark for the most dynamic education with a system that matches the best of practices, theories, resources and standards all over the industry. The Institute offers fully equipped industry appointed workshops for hands on practical training and simulated workplace environment.
- 25Years of education industry experience
- 3000+ Students completed their education
- 100+ new enrolments
- 3 Campuses across Australia
- 15+ Active Trainers
- 700+ students employed
- Hands on training
- Learning with Latest Technology
- Individual learning focus
- Industry experienced and professional trainers
The student support system and hands on training helped me secure a job in BMW (in Australia)Jude Sachin Fernando (student from Sri Lanka)
Diploma of Automotive Management. Batch: 2
Oceania College is a well recognized brand across Australia and is known for offering offbeat and latest professional programmes. It provides best training in the Automotive space with top Industry trainers and well-equipped workshops.Joe Hogan
I just wanted to send you a short email to express my appreciation for what you have done in this short time. All of the recent changes have massively improved my experience and many others. I’m sure I’m not just speaking for myself in saying that we feel a great boost in moral and excitement attending college to further training in our trade.