Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (AUR40216 | CRICOS 091675C)
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform advanced diagnostic operations in the automotive retail, service and repair environment.
Cert iv in automotive mechanical diagnosis qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform advanced diagnostic operations in the automotive retail, service and repair environment and provides advanced training for automotive technicians that want to further develop their diagnostic and technical skills.
Benefits of training to be a mechanic:
- Automotive diagnostic courses offer great job prospects and employment
- Good work life balance
- The role is dynamic and ever changing
- Vehicle Diagnostic course presents a competitive salary and benefits package
This qualification is suitable for those working in the automotive service and repair industry at the forefront of the implementation of new technologies.
With the introduction of OBD (onboard Diagnostic) systems car manufacturers began using computers to monitor in car systems, performance and operation.
As these systems have become more complex and new technology is developed, the training required to work with them has also advanced.
Automotive Mechanical Diagnostic technicians are trained in handling the technical computer aspects of a vehicle to assist in diagnosing issues, faults and problems and also the specialised components installed into vehicles
- 30 weeks
- 2 days per week: 8.30am to 5.00pm plus online or distance learning of 6 hours per week
- Every 5 weeks
- Contact OCT staff for further information
- Diagnostic procedures
- No-destructive testing techniques and procedures
- Electrical / electronic systems
- Engine management systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Cooling systems
- Clutch assemblies and associated operating systems
- Braking systems
- Suspension systems
- Driveline systems
- Engines, sub-assemblies and associated components
- Motorsport tyres and wheels
- IELTS 5.5 with no band below 5.0 Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent in the student’s home country.
- Students who have not completed Year 12 (or equivalent) must have relevant work experience or a qualification that indicates a likely success of course completion.
- Alternatively, students are required to take a English pre-test prior to enrolment
- Must have completed an Automotive Certificate III qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency
Skills and knowledge assessments are an essential step in progressing through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you study at the Oceania College of Technology, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback and through recognition of prior learning.
You can choose to package this course with the additional following qualification the Diploma of Automotive Management (AUR50116 | CRICOS 097414J)
|Time||Day 1||Day 2|
|8:30 – 12:00||Lecture and tutorial||Lecture and tutorial|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch||Lunch|
|13:00 – 17:00||Practical workshop||Practical workshop|
These course videos are an overview about our teaching mechanisms and study patterns across our colleges. This is how we make our students prepared for job-ready skills.
Video title goes here
Why choose this course ?
This qualification will equip you with high-level skills and knowledge using modern diagnostic tools and equipment to troubleshoot modern-day vehicles. This course is perfect for those working/who have worked in the automotive industry or apprentices to formally recognise their competency via on and off-the-job learning strategies.
What will you learn?
Students will learn a range of diagnostic and repair skills and procedures including:
- Complex diagnostic skills of different vehicle systems and engines (heavy vehicle, light vehicle, mobile plant)
- Analytical and testing skills
With campuses in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney, Oceania college of Technology provides a supportive , dynamic and outcome focused learning environment to help and assist you to achieve your career aspirations.
- 8Years of provinig quality education and training
- 3000+Students successfully trained
- 4Enrollments intake every Year
- 3Campuses across Australia
- 96%Learner course satisfaction and quality of training
- 94%of learners find employment during their program of study
why Oct edu ?
Oceania sets the benchmark for the most dynamic education with a system that matches the best of practices, theories, resources and standards all over the industry. The Institute offers fully equipped industry appointed workshops for hands on practical training and simulated workplace environment.
- 25Years of education industry experience
- 3000+ Students completed their education
- 100+ new enrolments
- 3 Campuses across Australia
- 15+ Active Trainers
- 700+ students employed
- Hands on training
- Learning with Latest Technology
- Individual learning focus
- Industry experienced and professional trainers
The student support system and hands on training helped me secure a job in BMW (in Australia)Jude Sachin Fernando (student from Sri Lanka)
Diploma of Automotive Management. Batch: 2
Oceania College is a well recognized brand across Australia and is known for offering offbeat and latest professional programmes. It provides best training in the Automotive space with top Industry trainers and well-equipped workshops.Joe Hogan
I just wanted to send you a short email to express my appreciation for what you have done in this short time. All of the recent changes have massively improved my experience and many others. I’m sure I’m not just speaking for myself in saying that we feel a great boost in moral and excitement attending college to further training in our trade.