Certificate IV Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis in covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Automotive lead or master technician
- Automotive technical adviser
You will gain skills in basic mechanical, fabrication and safe work practices in an automotive environment.
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Non-destructive Testing
- Cooling Systems
- Clutch Assemblies and Associated Operating Systems
- Braking Systems
- Motorsport Tyres and Wheels
- Suspension Systems
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Driveline Systems
- Engines, Sub-assemblies and Associated Components
- Those undertaking the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment
- Course Duration: 25 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
After achieving AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, candidates may undertake further training; pathways from this qualification include AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management or other relevant qualifications.