This qualification covers the skills and knowledge to become a Master Technician within the automotive body repair and refinishing sector. The range of technical skills and knowledge is proficient and leadership and supervision of others is expected. This qualification is a post-trade level qualification in the automotive body repair industry.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- workshop manager or master technician
- workplace loss assessor adviser and or estimator
- workplace technical adviser for panel and paint
- group and team leader
- workplace supervisor
- customer service, internal and external
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment
and how it will be conducted.
- Estimate and Quote Automotive Body Repairs
- Inspect Quality of Vehicle Repair Work
- Inspect Vehicle Damage and Determine Repair Procedures
- Original Equipment Manufacturer Repair Procedures During Vehicle
- Client Relationships and Business Networks
- WHS Policies, Procedures and Programs to Meet Legislative Requirements
- Repair Body Panels Using Metal Finishing Techniques
- Vehicle Repair Quotations
Those undertaking Certificate IV in Automotive Body Repair Technology are required to have completed an automotive Certificate III in one of the following disciplines, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
- AUR32112 Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- AUR32212 Certificate III in Automotive Glazing Technology
- AUR32312 Certificate III in Automotive and Marine Trimming Technology
- AUR32412 Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 25 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
Further training pathways from this qualification include AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management or another relevant qualification/s.