This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to repair and maintain the body of cars, heavy vehicles and other vehicles in the automotive industry.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Vehicle body repair technician
- Vehicle body restoration technician
- Heavy vehicle body and chassis repair technician.
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Remove and Store Vehicle Body Components
- Repair Adhesive Bonded Structural Damage on Vehicles
- Repair Procedures
- Remove, Replace and Align Bolt-On Vehicle Body Panels and Components
- Repair Vehicle Body Panels Using Filler
- Oxyacetylene Thermal Heating and Cutting on Vehicle Body Sections
- Remove and Replace Major Welded Panels on Vehicles
- Advanced Gas Metal Arc Welding on Vehicle Body Sections
- Repair Vehicle Chassis, Frame and Associated Components
- Remove and Replace Adhesive Attached Components On Vehicles
- Remove and Install Movable Body Glass
- Remove and Replace Vehicle Head Lining Repair Vehicle Thermoplastic Body Panels and
- Non-Structural Vehicle Panel Repairs
- Repair Vehicle Body Panels Using Metal Finishing
- Repair Vehicle Aluminium Body Panels Without the Use Of Body Filler
- Spot Welding
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 65 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
Further training pathways from this qualification include AUR40716 Certificate IV in Automotive Body Repair Technology or other relevant qualifications.