AUR31516 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
The Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology prepares new employees or recognises and develops existing workers performing mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle and mobile plant service and repair industry.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Automotive heavy vehicle diesel fuel technicians
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- Safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- Basic electrical circuits
- Compression ignition engine management systems
- Heavy vehicle diesel fuel injection systems
- Heavy vehicle emission control systems
- Diagnostic procedures
- Diesel fuel injection systems
- Overhaul diesel fuel injection system components
- Engine forced-induction systems
- Measuring equipment in an automotive workplace
- Tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- Servicing operations
- Hydraulic systems
- Cooling systems
- Exhaust systems
- Heavy commercial vehicle final drive assemblies
- Bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Math’s and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 65 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
After achieving AUR31416 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Fuel Technology, candidates may undertake further training, pathways from this qualification include AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, AUR40816 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling or other relevant qualifications