This course will train you to work in heavy vehicle road transport. You will gain the skills and knowledge to competently carry out service, repair and diagnostic procedures.
This course is designed for those wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge of heavy vehicle mechanics. Once completed you will receive an industry recognised qualiﬁcation and skills.
Job roles related to this qualiﬁcation include:
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technicians.
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Diagnose and Repair of different Heavy Vehicle Systems (Charging Systems,
Starting Systems, Cooling Systems, Diesel Fuel Injection Systems, Batteries)
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Electrical Circuits
- Heavy Vehicle Drive Shafts
- Suspension Systems, Steering Systems
- Engine Forced-Induction Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Emission Control Systems
- Dynamic Control Systems
- Manual Transmissions and Automatic Transmissions
- Hydraulic Systems
- Vehicle Compression Ignition Engines
- Electronic Body Management Systems
- Engine and Transmission Management Systems
- Hydraulic and Air Over Hydraulic Braking Systems
- Clutch Systems
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 78 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
After achieving AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology, candidates may undertake further training; pathways from this qualification include: AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis or other relevant qualifications.