Want to get involved in Motorsport; this program offers training to service and repair the mechanical components of Motorsport vehicles, and to operate sustainably and safely within a Motorsport environment.
This course is designed for those currently employed/studying in an automotive field wanting to gain skills and knowledge in Motorsport. Once completed you will receive an industry recognised qualification and skills.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- A number three mechanic within a V8 Supercar team
- A vehicle service and repair technician within a motorsport race team
- Service/pit crew race team member,
- An opportunity to branch into different roles within a race team which may include data technician, engine technician, driveline technician, machinist, fabricator or promotional activities.
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will operate.
This course will involve weekend racetrack participation.
- Motorsport Operations
- Motorsport Safety and Risk Management
- Data Acquisition Collecting and Analysis
- Motorsport Assembly and Preparation
- Non-destructive Testing
- Cooling Systems
- Clutch Assemblies and Associated Operating Systems
- Braking Systems
- Motorsport Tyres and Wheels
- Suspension Systems
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Driveline Systems
- Engines, Sub-assemblies and Associated Components
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 78 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
After achieving AUR30916 Certificate III in Motor Sport Technology, candidates may undertake further training; pathways from this qualification include AUR40416 Certificate IV in Performance or other relevant qualifications.