Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Light vehicle mechanical technician.
- You will gain skills in basic mechanical, fabrication and safe work practices in an automotive environment.
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Cooling Systems
- Clutch Assemblies and Associated Operating Systems
- Braking Systems
- Tyres and Wheels
- Suspension Systems
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Driveline Systems
- Engines, Sub-assemblies and Associated Components
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 78 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
After achieving AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, candidates may undertake further training, pathways from this qualification include AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis or other relevant qualifications in the Automotive industry.