The Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology prepares new employees or recognises and develops existing workers who are performing servicing and repair of air conditioning components/systems of vehicles in an automotive service or repair business.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- Automotive specialist – air conditioning
How will I Be Assessed?
Assessment may include written, oral or practical assessment methods. You will know in advance about the type of assessment and how it will be conducted.
- Environmental and Sustainability Best Practice in An Automotive Workplace
- Safe Working Practices in An Automotive Workplace
- Basic Electrical Circuits
- Air Conditioning and HVAC Systems
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Communicate Effectively in An Automotive Workplace
- Cooling Systems
- Servicing Operations
- Use and Maintain Workplace Tools and Equipment
- Solder Electrical Wiring and Circuits
- Year 10 or equivalent with sound achievement in Maths and English and/or equivalent to (IELTS Score 5.5 or above).
- Minimum age of 18 years at time of enrolment.
- Course Duration: 25 weeks
- This course is scheduled for 20 hours per week
- Intakes: January, April, July and October
Further training pathways from this qualification include AUR30616 Certificate III in Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, AUR30316 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology or other relevant qualifications.