Student Information

Oceania College of Technology (OCT) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), with extensive expertise in the Education Industry. Our success, and yours, is achieved by offering a wide range of innovative, creative and flexible training programs, both theoretical and vocational, that suit the individual needs of each student.

Pre arrival and Arrival information

General Contact Details

Phone: +61 7 3106 4200 or email

International Student Coordinator

Saurav Singh +61 416 926 512 or email

International Student 24 Hour Emergency Contact

Saurav Singh  +61 416 926 512 or Alexander Dunn   +61 403 139 050

IN THE CASE OF EMERGENCY DIAL 000 from a landline or phone box or 112 from a mobile phone for Police, Fire or Ambulance

Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) 

Offices in Australia:
Hours of operation 9 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday
Phone: 131 881

Brisbane Office

Ground Floor
299 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000

Immigration Offices Outside of Australia –

Salisbury  Medical  Centre
272 Lillian Ave
Salisbury QLD 4107

Queen  Elizabeth  II Jubilee Hospital
Corner of Kessels Road and Troughton Road
Coopers Plains QLD 4108

All public transport in South East Queensland is provided by TransLink.

The Archerfield campus can be access by Train and Bus services. More information about access ing the college via public transport can be found on the above link.

Students will need to make their own travel arrangements to Australia. Please try to arrive at least 1-2 weeks before the start of Student Orientation to allow enough time for settling-in, adjusting to the climate and overcoming jet-lag.


You should fly into Brisbane International Airport

On arrival you can catch a cab or train/bus to your accommodation.

Australian Customs Services and quarantine are considered to be quite strict. If you’re in doubt about whether your goods are prohibited or not, declare it anyway on the Incoming Passenger Card which you will receive on the plane. Students have received on the spot fines for not declaring items. For further information visit the Australian Customs website:

For information on how much luggage you can bring check with your airline.

Information and Tips in various languages –

Australian Customs for arriving travellers –

Guide for Travellers –

Accommodation Options in Australia

Choosing Where to Live

Most students want to live within walking distance of the campus but this is not always possible and is usually determined by availability and cost. Often it is more convenient and more cost-effective to live further from the campus but closer to shops and public transport.

Whilst studying with Oceania College of Technology your accommodation options are: and go to share accommodation section

Brisbane market/fact-sheets-renting-in-the-private-market

Most student visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants (check your individual circumstances DIBP website). Family members include your spouse, and you and your spouse’s dependent children. Before bringing your spouse or children to Australia, you will have to prove that you can support them financially. The cost of supporting a family in Australia is high. You may have to consider and discuss many issues with your family.

Issues to Consider

Rather than bringing your family together with you to Australia, some students may find it useful to arrive first, settle into studies, find appropriate accommodation, adjust to living in Australia and then arrange for their family to join them.

Before making a decision to bring your family to Australia it is important to consider the following issues:

  • The cost of airfares for your family to and from Australia;
  • Possible higher rent for a larger home;
  • Limited employment opportunities for your spouse;
  • Extra costs for food, clothing and other necessities;
  • The effect on you and your studies if your family is not happy in Australia;
  • Whether your children will adjust to school in Australia;
  • Waiting lists for child care centres; and
  • Whether to come alone to Australia first and arrange things for your family or to all come at the same

For more information visit:

Child Care

Finding suitable childcare in Australia requires patience and planning. Waiting lists for places in most childcare centres are long.

Many schools offer before- and after-school care programs (usually 7:30am-8:45am and 3:30pm-6:00pm). Children who need these programs must be registered with the school.


If you would like to bring your children to Australia with you, you must be aware of the following schooling issues:

  1. It is an immigration policy that school-age dependants of international students undertake formal schooling while they are in
  2. You will need to provisionally enrol your child in a school before you leave your home country and you will normally have to pay the school fees one semester in advance. The school will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment Form (eCoE) stating the program and its duration, so that you can obtain the appropriate visa for your
  3. The Diplomatic Mission in your country can tell you which State schools are registered to take international students. Fees are usually payable by international students at all State
  4. You will be responsible for school fees and other costs including school uniforms, books, excursions and
  5. When choosing the most appropriate school for your child, it is best to ask questions about the school’s curriculum, size, extra-curricular activities and the size of individual classes.
  6. You should also take into consideration the distance from the school to your education institution, the suburb in which you intend to live and the method of transport you plan to


There are two types of schools in Australia – State schools and independent schools.

Directory of State and Independent Schools Queensland

Overseas student health cover (OSHC) is insurance that provides cover for the costs of medical and hospital care which international students may need while in Australia and is mandatory for international student visa holders. OSHC will also cover the cost of emergency ambulance transport and most prescription drugs.

How do I get OSHC?

Students will be able to purchase OSHC through Oceania College of Technology at the enrolment stage.

Some students may be exempt from enrolling in the OSHC such as students from countries whose Governments may have Reciprocal Health Agreements for students in Australia.

Note: only some reciprocal health agreements cover students in Australia, some will only cover visitors.  You should determine if you are eligible before you apply for your visa to  come to Australia.

Further information on OSHC can be found at: consumers-ovc.htm

Comprehensive Questions and Answers Cover+FAQ-1

Studying With The Oceania College Of Technology


For the most current list of courses available to International Students visit –

or the college website

For the most up to date Course details including costs and durations visit our website

Oceania College of Technology delivers courses face to face with a minimum of 20 hours per week delivered over 2 days or a minimum of 15 hours face to face with 5 hours to be completed online.

Students must attend a minimum of 20 hours of classes per week or as per your timetable if there is an approved online/distance component in your course.

For further details of individual course requirements including the entry requirements (academic and English), course credit/RPL, content, duration and cost, assessment methods and modes of study please refer to the individual course marketing material found on our website.

Fees are subject to change.


Students must provide one of the follow requirements to enter any course

  • IELTS 5
  • English Certificate of Upper Intermediate or higher from a English Language School in Australia
  • Pass Oceania’s internal ENGLISH test on


  • Provide evidence of a Vocational Education/University Certificate (Australian) of up to Cert IV or equivalent to Year 10+2 Academic
  • Pass Oceania’s internal ACADEMIC test on

NOTE: Every application is individually assessed

Legislation And Policies

The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (the ESOS Act) and related laws set out the requirements for providers who deliver education services to international students on a student visa.

These laws protect international students and also help ensure students meet student visa conditions for attending classes and making satisfactory progress in their studies while in Australia.

For further information including frequently asked questions visit:

See International Student Handbook for more details